"Carmel mission garden. Carmel Mission San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo is a historic Roman Catholic mission church. It was builded by spanish in 1771. Destroyed in the mid of 1800s, the restoration process only started in the beginning of 1884. It remains a parish church today. It is the only one witch have his original bell tower dome. more infos : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_San_Carlos_Borromeo_de_Carmelo "